The Town of Royalton, Vermont (population 2,600 covering 6 square miles) is currently accepting letters of interest with resumes for the position of Police Chief.
This position is considered to be that of a “working” chief, taking an active part in the law enforcement duties and patrols within Royalton and Sharon, working closely with residents, businesses, schools, emergency services/emergency management and other local law enforcement agencies, both State and municipal, as well as a department of officers. The Royalton Police Department is a first-class community oriented police force. The Town of Royalton offers a rich history, numerous recreational and cultural opportunities, and close proximity to Boston and Canada.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Successful candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
– A minimum of 10 years of full-time law enforcement experience;
– Be a high school graduate or possess Associate’s degree with at least 10 years of experience in law enforcement, or a Bachelor’s degree or higher with at least 5 years of experience in a supervisory role in law enforcement;
– Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, exceptional moral character and strong work ethics;
– No criminal history involving a felony arrest or crimes of moral turpitude;
– Possess a professional demeanor with an unblemished career record.
– Level III certification from the Vermont Criminal Justice Training Council or Out-of-state applicants must possess an acceptable course of training to comply with the Vermont Criminal Justice Training Council’s waiver process.
The hiring process will include standard police testing, oral interview, medical exam and thorough background investigation. The position will remain open until filled.
Cover letters and resumes should be mailed to the Royalton Selectboard at PO Box 680, South Royalton, VT 05068. The Town of Royalton is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).